Wednesday, August 12, 2009

where the heck have I been?







The summer is just flying by.....



I just haven't had the energy or inclination ot post anything here, but I have been keeping busy!
I've been going to the lake and snapping pictures of the most amazing sunsets!!!!



and I've been starting to think more about knitting again. I'ts been so long. I'm thinking socks and sweaters....



I've been baking a bit lately. Today I got the newest Everyday Food magazine in the mail. I was looking through it and there were recipes for plum things. I had gotten a bag of plums at the store this week and was thinking of making a plum tart.



....and there it was. The filling in this tart (other than plums, of course) is ground roasted almonds, sugar and a bit of flour.



I'm not a "eat the raw cookie dough " kind of gal, but I tasted this mixture, and I could have eaten the whole bowl of it.



It's actually a Galette, which, I assume is a free-form type of tart....because that's exactly what it is.



Here it is piping hot from my oven

1 comment:

Paul Pakusch said...

Save some for me!